Sunday, July 3, 2011

Suddenly Sunday

Welcome to another addition of Suddenly Sunday, a weekly meme hosted by Svea at The Muse in the Fog where we share the exciting things that happened on our blog this past week.

Well, I didn't accomplish nearly as much on my blog this week as I had hoped I would.   I still haven't posted - or even written - my review of Jacqueline Winspear's Maisie Dobbs.   I've temporarily set aside Elizabeth Chadwick's Lady of the English to concentrate on my re-read of George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series, so my review of the Chadwick novel will be delayed.    

In non-reading matters, I'd like to wish my Canadian followers a Happy Belated Canada Day.   It was extra special this year having the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge celebrate with us.   I didn't make it to Parliament Hill for the celebrations this year - way too many people for me - but did join the crowd waiting to see William and Catherine at the National War Memorial on the day of their arrival in Ottawa.  I managed to catch a good glimpse of Prince William in his car as his and the Duchess' motorcade made its way to the Memorial.   Unfortunately, my glimpse of the Duchess wasn't as good, although I guess it was better than none at all :-)

I hope everyone has a great reading week!  My Travel Tuesday feature will pay tribute to Prince Edward Island this coming week and I hope to finally have my review of Maisie Dobbs ready.

Before signing off I'd especially like to wish my American followers a great Fourth of July!