Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.   This meme features a different top 10 list every week.   This is my first time participating :-)

Top Ten Authors I Wish Would Write Another Book:

(1) J.K. Rowling.  I adore the Harry Potter series and would love to read another book by J.K. Rowling, even if it doesn't feature Harry and his friends. 

(2) Susanna Kearsley.  Kearsley's most recent novel, The Rose Garden, came out in 2011.  I love her stuff and can't wait till her next book is published -- whenever that may be. 

(3) Sharon Kay Penman.  Since finishing Penman's latest release, Lionheart, I've been eagerly awaiting the promised follow-up.  Hopefully it won't be too long before it comes out. 

(4) Kate Morton.  I've loved all three of Morton's novels and hope that 2012 brings a new book from this incredible author.  

(5) Kimberley FreemanWildflower Hill, Kimberley Freeman's debut novel, made my list of favourites in 2011 and I can't wait to hear more from this author. 

(6) Sarah Addison Allen.  I read all four of Addison Allen's books last year and thought they were great.  Here's hoping she publishes another book soon! 

(7) Elisabeth Storrs.   The Wedding Shroud, a historical novel set in ancient Etruria and early Rome, was one of my favourite reads from last year. 

(8) Kristen Britain.  Britain is the author of one of my favourite fantasy series, Green Rider.   The last book left off on a cliff-hanger but it's probably going to be a couple more years before the next book is released.    

(9) George R.R. Martin.  While book five of Martin's epic A Song of Ice and Fire series was released just this past summer -- and I know the next book won't likely be out for several years -- I can still keep hoping that maybe the wait for book six won't be as long as the wait for book five was.

(10) Ann Marie Macdonald.   I thought Macdonald's Fall on Your Knees and As the Crow Flies were excellent novels so I'd really like to see something new from this author. 

What authors do you wish would write another book?